Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Year and Category Selection Time

Here we are again. I will say that this slower pace I've gone at this time will probably be more prominent going forward, because I can't guarantee that I'll have the sort of time I did for that short span in my first three draws to watch all the nominated movies. But watch them I will.

And the year and category this draw is...

...2004 Best Supporting Actress!

The nominees for Best Actress, 2004, were:

  • Annette Bening in Being Julia
  • Catalina Sandino Moreno in Maria Full of Grace
  • Imelda Staunton in Vera Drake
  • Hilary Swank in Million Dollar Baby (the winner)
  • Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
What's weird is I'm actually missing the idea of being able to watch more older movies. While I've not seen four of these five films, I feel like I've seen so much from this era that I can almost predict what each is going to do.

That said, I'll be watching and reviewing as always, and sticking to film alphabetical order, so in the coming weeks I'll be watching, in this order: Being Julia, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Maria Full of Grace, Million Dollar Baby and Vera Drake.

Two of them also showed up in other major categories their respective years, so as always I'll talk about their other nominations as well.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment