Thursday, May 30, 2019

Time to Draw Another Year and Category

And the "winner" is...

...1974 Best Supporting Actress!

Yay, finally we're focusing on the female performances! I can't tell you how glad I am to expand the horizons of this blog.

The nominees for Best Supporting Actress, 1974, were:

  • Ingrid Bergman in Murder on the Orient Express
  • Valentina Cortese in Day for Night
  • Madaline Kahn in Blazing Saddles
  • Diane Ladd in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
  • Talia Shire in The Godfather, Part II
Meaning I'm in for a fun time. Blazing Saddles, one of the most renowned comedies of all time? Murder on the Orient Express, a star-studded extravaganza based on the work of one of the most popular fiction writers in history? The basis for the sitcom Alice? A Godfather movie? I'm pumped.

I've also seen two of these movies already, but it's been a while, so I'll be re-watching them. I've also decided that I'm going to re-watch The Godfather as well, because it will help Part II to make more sense. Also I'm watching them with my wife, who's seen neither.

Because these movies are a bit longer, and I'm including my wife in the watching (I knew she wouldn't be up for movies from the 30's, but she did watch On the Waterfront with me) It might take me longer to get these out, since I have to wait until we both have time to sit down and watch them. But I'll be sticking to it until they're done, not to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment